By Vijay Joshi
Publisher: Packt Publishing
Publication Date: 2010-12-14
Number of Pages: 332
jQuery and Hypertext Preprocessor are the dynamic duo that would let you construct robust net functions. This Cookbook is the simple means in with over 60 recipes masking every thing from the fundamentals to making plugins and integrating databases.
Create wealthy and interactive net functions with Hypertext Preprocessor and jQuery
Debug and execute jQuery code on a stay site
Design interactive types and menus
Another identify within the Packt Cookbook diversity, so that it will assist you become familiar with personal home page in addition to jQuery
Who This booklet Is For
What you'll Learn
Start from the fundamentals and study pro-level methods by means of the tip of the book
Create interactive and dynamic hierarchical menus
Apply attention-grabbing results on shape elements
Integrate a database besides personal home page and jQuery
Use AJAX to augment consumer event and web page interaction
Learn how you can paintings with JSON and XML for effective info exchange
Create instruments and utilities to your net applications
Master shape validation on consumer facet in addition to server side
As internet expertise evolves, the distance among computer functions and internet functions maintains to fade. And what larger strategy to bridge that hole, on your personal web site, than utilizing the simplest open resource applied sciences out there: Hypertext Preprocessor and jQuery. The power-combo of those is major the best way in revolutionizing the RIA global. even though they're effortless to combine, discovering or realizing tips on how to do what you need to do is very arduous.
The personal home page jQuery Cookbook can be your convenient consultant with walkthroughs of universal integration initiatives and difficulties to help you grasp the probabilities to be had utilizing the Hypertext Preprocessor and jQuery mixture. you are going to study fast options to priceless projects to combine the facility of 2 of the easiest recognized and most generally used internet applied sciences of this day – personal home page at the server facet and jQuery at the customer facet. drift throughout the fundamentals and circulate to complicated subject matters to create dynamic and interactive internet purposes with this booklet in hand.
This e-book covers a big selection of technical features of making an interactive site. except fundamentals of personal home page and jQuery, you are going to struggle through complicated themes like developing plugins, validating controls, and priceless utilities that you'll be in a position to use as stand-alone instruments. AJAX, the foremost means of browser-server communique is roofed intimately. additionally, you will discover ways to use JSON, that's turning into most popular as a method of information interchange over XML, either in internet functions and internet services.
Most importantly, through the use of jQuery and Hypertext Preprocessor jointly, it is possible for you to to strengthen functions which are appropriate with all significant browsers, without having to jot down code exact at particular browsers!
By Clarissa Peterson
Deliver an optimum consumer event to all devices—including capsules, smartphones, function telephones, laptops, and massive screens—by studying the fundamentals of responsive website design. during this hands-on consultant, UX fashion designer Clarissa Peterson explains how responsive website design works, and takes you thru a responsive workflow from venture kickoff to web site launch.
Ideal for someone interested by the method of constructing websites—not simply developers—this ebook teaches you primary suggestions and methods for utilizing HTML and CSS to layout web pages that not just adapt to any monitor measurement, but in addition use innovative enhancement to supply a greater consumer adventure in line with gadget services corresponding to touchscreens and retina displays.
- Start with content material process sooner than making a visible design
- Learn why your default layout could be for the narrowest screens
- Explore the HTML components and CSS houses crucial for responsive internet design
- Use media queries to reveal varied CSS types in keeping with a device’s viewport width
- Handle parts akin to photographs, typography, and navigation
- Use functionality optimization ideas to make your website lighter and faster
- Already comprehend Python yet are looking to study extra? A lot more? Dive right into a number of themes utilized in perform for real-world purposes.
- Covers usual expressions, Internet/network programming, GUIs, SQL/databases/ORMs, threading, and internet development.
- Learn approximately modern improvement tendencies resembling Google+, Twitter, MongoDB, OAuth, Python three migration, and Java/Jython. offers fresh fabric on Django, Google App Engine, CSV/JSON/XML, and Microsoft workplace. contains Python 2 and three code samples to get you begun correct away!
- Provides code snippets, interactive examples, and functional workouts to assist construct your Python skills.
The whole Developer’s advisor to Python
Python is an agile, strong, and expressive programming language that keeps to construct momentum. It combines the facility of compiled languages with the simplicity and swift improvement of scripting languages. In Core Python purposes Programming, 3rd Edition , leading Python developer and company coach Wesley Chun is helping you're taking your Python wisdom to the subsequent level.
This e-book has every little thing you must develop into a flexible Python developer. you may be brought to a number of parts of program improvement and achieve wisdom that may be instantly utilized to tasks, and you'll find code samples in either Python 2 and 3, together with migration counsel if that’s in your roadmap too. a few snippets can even run unmodified on 2.x or 3.x.
- Learn specialist Python sort, most sensible practices, and stable programming habits
- construct consumers and servers utilizing TCP, UDP, XML-RPC, and be uncovered to higher-level libraries like SocketServer and Twisted
- enhance GUI purposes utilizing Tkinter and different to be had toolkits
- increase software functionality via writing extensions in C/C++, or improve I/O-bound code with multithreading
- realize SQL and relational databases, ORMs, or even non-relational (NonSQL) databases like MongoDB
- examine the fundamentals of internet programming, together with net consumers and servers, plus CGI and WSGI
- disclose your self to average expressions and robust textual content processing instruments for growing and parsing CSV, JSON, and XML data
- Interface with renowned Microsoft place of work purposes reminiscent of Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook utilizing COM buyer programming
- Dive deeper into internet improvement with the Django framework and cloud computing with Google App Engine
- discover Java programming with Jython, how you can run Python code at the JVM
- hook up with net companies Yahoo! Finance to get inventory prices, or Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, and others to obtain or ship e-mail
- Jump into the social media craze by means of studying find out how to connect with the Twitter and Google+ networks
Core Python functions Programming, 3rd version, delivers
- Broad assurance of various components of improvement utilized in real-world purposes today
- Powerful insights into present and most sensible practices for the intermediate Python programmer
- Dozens of code examples, from fast snippets to full-fledged applications
- A number of routines at the top of each bankruptcy to aid hammer the techniques home
By Richard Dallaway
If you wish aid development net purposes with the carry framework, this cookbook offers rankings of concise, ready-to-use code strategies. You’ll locate recipes for every thing from constructing a coding surroundings to making relaxation internet companies and deploying your program to production.
Built on most sensible of the Scala JVM programming language, raise takes a different—yet eventually easier—approach to improvement than MVC frameworks reminiscent of Rails. each one recipe during this publication contains a dialogue of the way and why each one answer works, not just that can assist you entire the duty handy, but additionally to demonstrate how raise works.
- Set up an atmosphere and run your first raise application
- Generate HTML, utilizing Lift’s View First approach
- Submit types and paintings with shape elements
- Build relaxation internet companies with the framework’s RestHelper trait
- Take benefit of Lift’s aid for Ajax and Comet
- Get examples for editing Lift’s request pipeline
- Convert Scala sessions into tables, rows, and columns in a relational database
- Send electronic mail, name URLs, and agenda initiatives out of your application
- Package and set up your program to numerous hosted services
As a Cookbook, we're concentrating on current builders who have to decide and select particular recipes so one can support their web pages develop into available (and usable) despite reveal measurement, equipment, or browser. HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive website design Cookbook, for all of latest instant net units, is for internet builders looking leading edge innovations that bring quick, intuitive interfacing for the newest cellular web units.
By Smashing Magazine
This booklet stocks useful sensible perception into layout, usability and coding. It offers specialist suggestion for designing cellular functions and development winning e-commerce web content, and it explains universal coding error and the way to prevent them. You’ll discover the foundations layout considering and photo layout and tips on how to follow psychology and video game idea to create enticing person experiences.
Well-respected execs have labored with us to supply fascinating and accomplished chapters.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- the foundations of significant image Design
- obvious vs. Invisible Design
- Designing cellular consumer Experience
- Sketching, Wireframing and Prototyping
- purple Flags (Warning symptoms) in net Development
- the way forward for net Typography
- employing online game layout rules to consumer event Design
- once they click on: Psychology of website design and person Behavior
- layout styles in e-Commerce web pages (Study)
- tips to Make a publication (Like This One)
By Stephanie Leary
WordPress for net Developers is an entire consultant for internet designers and builders who are looking to commence construction and administering sites with WordPress. This booklet is an replace of Beginning WordPress 3, freshened and clarified for web builders who need to make the main of WordPress. You'll begin by way of studying WordPress fundamentals, together with how you can post content material, upload media, and deal with users.
Then you are going to dig deeper into your WordPress server management, together with area mapping, safeguard, and uploading and migrating. The booklet then steps up a apparatus with an creation to constructing for WordPress, excellent for builders and architects with a few Hypertext Preprocessor event, who are looking to discover ways to create customized subject matters and plugins.
WordPress is the preferred open resource running a blog and content material administration procedure on this planet. Its versatile, trouble-free procedure may be prolonged with millions of freely to be had issues and plugins. This booklet will train you the way to utilize WordPress’s integrated good points, how to define the precise issues and plugins on your tasks, and the way to construct your individual customized good points. you are going to examine to:
Predictive Analytics For Dummies, 2e will help the you know the middle of predictive analytics and start placing it to take advantage of with available instruments to gather and research data. You will how you can comprise algorithms via studying information types, opting for similarities and relationships on your information, and the way to foretell the longer term via facts type. you are going to enhance a roadmap through getting ready your info, growing targets, processing your facts, and development a predictive version that would get stakeholder buy-in. the writer also will deal with "soft" matters, including handling humans, atmosphere practical ambitions, holding budgets, making invaluable displays, and extra, to assist the reader prepare for shepherding predictive research initiatives via their companies.
Coverage will include:
Real-world counsel for growing company value
Common use instances that will help you get started
Details on modeling, k-means clustering, and more
How you could are expecting the long run with classification
Information on structuring your data
Methods for checking out models
Hands-on publications to software program installation
Tips on outlining company ambitions and approaches