By David Powers
This is the 3rd variation of David Powers' highly-respected PHP strategies: Dynamic website design Made Easy. This re-creation has been up-to-date via David to include adjustments to personal home page because the moment variation and to supply the newest techniques—a vintage advisor modernized for twenty first century Hypertext Preprocessor suggestions, techniques, and top practices.
You need to make your web pages extra dynamic through including a suggestions shape, making a deepest quarter the place contributors can add photographs which are instantly resized, or even storing all of your content material in a database. the matter is, you are not a programmer and the idea of writing code sends a kick back up your backbone. or perhaps you might have dabbled a section in Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL, yet you cannot get earlier child steps. If this describes you, then you've got simply came upon the ideal publication. Hypertext Preprocessor and the MySQL database are deservedly the preferred blend for developing dynamic web pages. they're unfastened, effortless to exploit, and supplied through many hosting businesses of their general packages.
Unfortunately, so much personal home page books both anticipate you to be a professional already or strength you to move via never-ending routines of little useful price. against this, this publication promises genuine worth right now via a chain of sensible examples that you should include at once into your websites, optimizing functionality and including performance corresponding to dossier importing, electronic mail suggestions varieties, snapshot galleries, content material administration structures, and masses extra. each one resolution is created with not just performance in brain, but in addition visible design.
But this booklet does not simply offer a set of ready-made scripts: each one personal home page answer builds on what is long past sooner than, educating you the fundamentals of Hypertext Preprocessor and database layout speedy and painlessly. through the tip of the e-book, you should have the boldness to begin writing your individual scripts or—if you want to depart that job to others—to adapt current scripts for your personal necessities. correct from the beginning, you are proven how effortless it really is to guard your websites through adopting safe coding practices.
What you’ll learn
- Updates to the second one version with the most recent Hypertext Preprocessor suggestions for contemporary, dynamic internet design
- Create dynamic web content with layout and value in brain, in addition to functionality
- Understand how Hypertext Preprocessor scripts paintings, providing you with self belief to evolve them in your personal needs
- Bring on-line types to lifestyles, money required fields, and make sure person enter is secure to process
- Upload documents and immediately create thumbnails from greater images
- Manage web site content material with a searchable database
Who this e-book is for
this can be a "must have" reference publication for any net developer utilizing Hypertext Preprocessor scripting language. when you are new to dynamic website design with personal home page, then David will introduce you to the middle suggestions and techniques for dynamic Hypertext Preprocessor websites, prepared for the twenty first century! when you've got learn both of the sooner variants, then this replace will deliver you the newest personal home page suggestions and top practices.
Table of Contents
- What Is PHP—And Why should still I Care?
- Getting able to paintings with PHP
- How to put in writing Hypertext Preprocessor Scripts
- Lightening Your Workload with Includes
- Bringing types to Life
- Uploading Files
- Using Hypertext Preprocessor to control Files
- Generating Thumbnail Images
- Pages that celebrate: uncomplicated Login and Multipage Forms
- Getting begun with a Database
- Connecting to to a Database with Hypertext Preprocessor and SQL
- Creating a Dynamic picture Gallery
- Managing Content
- Formatting textual content and Dates
- Pulling info from a number of Tables
- Managing a number of Database Tables
- Authenticating clients with a Database